Position: Junior Supervisor, Day Shift
Fremont, CA (and Multiple Clients)
Usual Days & Hours
This position is a junior supervisor position that will be part of a formal training program. It requires one to three years of logistics and practical supervisory experience to be considered.
This position, under the guidance of the mentor supervisor and/or Operations Manager, is responsible for supervising staff, processes and customer orders. The supervisor handles all labor, productivity, safety and quality concerns for the area of the business as well as the forecasting of business for their department.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Schedule and manage workers in operations or plant to ensure efficiency.
- Perform personal inspections to ensure that orders are compliant and associates are following strict SWI’s process steps.
- Monitor metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to assess productivity and cost management.
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Navigate within SAP to check on material and its current location.
- Help with implementation of and continued adherence to Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Partner and Coordinates with management, peers, and subordinates and other internal departments to resolve issues and concerns.
- Maintains good partnerships with customer by responding to their needs and requirements. Provide company focal point for customer visits
- Associate degree business administration or other relevant category; or equivalent job experience
- 1-3 years’ experience on the logistics field or any other related industry.
- Proficient knowledge of computers and database software
- Knowledge of handheld RF equipment a plus.
- Forklift certification preferred: sit down and stand-up.
- DOE – This is an Exempt Position
If you’re interested in this job opening and would like further information, please send resume and cover letter to HR@RKlogisticsgroup.com
You must provide recent DMV history print out and have a valid Driver’s License.