Position: Material Handler / Class C Driver
Location: Fremont, CA (and vicinity) Usual Days & Hours: Monday-Friday, 11:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Do you want to drive with a well-known Logistics company in the Bay Area? Competitive wages and Great Benefits! Looking for immediate hire of a Material Handler / Class C Driver Job Summary: This is a day position at the RK – Lam Research location in Fremont, CA campus. This position is a Material Handler – Driver, Class C position with mixed responsibilities.
- Material Handler duties as well as Class C Driver for van.
- The function of a Material Handler I is to process parts through the organization both physically and through the WMS system of record. Material handlers handle a variety of materials and products.
- Responsible to transport and deliver product throughout the organization.
- Drivers utilize RK trucks to transport, and drivers handle a variety of materials and products.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES:
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 lbs., repetitively, unassisted while using safe lifting techniques.
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, or reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, kneel and crouch.
- Use hand truck, dollies or pallet jack equipment to move material or freight in the warehouse-storage facility.
- Use handheld RF scanners as needed.
- Consolidate loads as required.
- Consolidate partial pallets into full pallets for location/inventory consolidation as needed.
- Shrink wrap orders on outgoing shipments as needed.
- Stage completed orders or shipments to staging area.
- Ensure that orders and shipping materials are accompanied with proper delivery documents: revised BOL, packing slip, manual tag, etc.
- Inform lead/supervisor on a timely manner about OSD (overages, shortages and damage) found while picking orders or shipments.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Complete paperwork thoroughly and promptly.
- Perform housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Assist other teams as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail
- Take ownership of assigned task and complete in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to interact well with others and follow instructions
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to sudden changes in operational goals
- Ability to read and write, comprehend basic checklists, forms or other documents
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, or reach with hands and arms, kneel, crouch
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 lbs. unassisted while using safe lifting techniques
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including overtime and to cover escalations if required.
Qualifications & Skills Needed:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class C Driver License
- 1 -2 yrs. of experience driving bobtails
- Van driving experience preferred
- Must be able to show recent DMV history print out and have a valid California Driver’s License and pass all pre-requisites for position.
- Must also be experienced in working and handling Class C truck driver position.
- Excellent Attendance History
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs., repetitively
- Basic math and writing skills
- Computer skills a plus
- Knowledge of handheld RF scanners a plus
- May need to use light power tools
- Forklift certification a plus: sit-down and stand-up
- Adherence to all RK safety, quality, ISO and HR policies and standards
- Full Time
- Pay: DOE
HOW TO APPLY:
- Read the description of the open position.
- If you believe you qualify, fill out the application pdf
- Send the filled application pdf, a resumé and cover letter to the HR team: HR@rklogisticsgroup.com
You must provide recent DMV history print out and have a valid Driver’s License.