Location: Fremont & Livermore, CA Schedule: Multiple Warehouse Openings Multiple Shifts Job Summary: This position is responsible for the safety and productivity of all production employees staffed on designated shift. Additionally, the Team Lead position is accountable for ensuring that production schedule is executed in a timely manner, within all quality parameters, and that all open issues are escalated promptly to the appropriate supervisor, manager, or other appropriate management contact. Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist Supervisor to ensure that your team of associates is properly trained to adhere to the policies, procedures, standard work instructions and productivity in your department at RK Logistics.
- Provide supervisor, managers, peers and subordinates with information about quality, safety, delivery, cost and morale.
- Assist supervisor in monitoring activity and making sure that daily quotas are met by keeping workers on task and informed of procedural changes. Escalates to supervisor if production falls behind for any reason.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Assist with maintaining inventory during monthly physical counts.
- Navigate within system to check on material and its current location.
- Help with implementation of and continued adherence to Lean Manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Assess and analyze current practices, and drive improvements.
- Partner and coordinate with management, peers, subordinates and other internal departments to resolve issues and concerns.
- Lead by example and make RK Logistics a world class company.
- Maintain positive partnerships with customers by responding to their needs and requirements. Provide company focal point for customer visits.
- Attention to detail
- Take ownership of assigned task and complete in a timely manner
- Demonstrate ability to interact well with others and follow instructions
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to sudden changes in operational goals
- Ability to read and write, comprehend basic checklists, forms or other documents
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, or reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, kneel, crouch
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 lbs. unassisted while using safe lifting techniques
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including overtime and to cover escalations if required
Qualifications & Skills needed:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math & writing skills
- Intermediate computer skills, SAP experience preferred but not required. Microsoft Office Suite a must.
- 1 -2 years of experience in the logistics field or other related industry
- Knowledge of handheld RF equipment a plus
- May need to use light power tools
- Forklift certification a must: sit-down & stand-up
HOW TO APPLY:
- Read the description of the open position.
- If you believe you qualify, fill out the application pdf
- Send the filled application pdf, a resumé and cover letter to the HR team: HR@rklogisticsgroup.com
Please indicate which shift you are interested in.